I made a few tweaks to the original recipe. Instant coffee is anathema to my religion.
Sean's Homemade Irish Cream
- 1.25 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Irish whiskey (Bushmills)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- (Optional) 1.5 oz fresh brewed coffee/espresso
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend cream, sweetened condensed milk, extracts, cocoa, and salt until mixed.
- Add whiskey in small batches, mixing between.
- Chill and enjoy! Lasts for a month or so refrigerated.
- Yields about 1L.
- You can use light instead of heavy whipping cream.
- Vanilla/almond can be adjusted to taste.
- A pinch of salt helps cut down the sweetness.
- Around 18% alcohol by volume (36 proof).